Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Taking the Challenge

I read a very interesting blog entry at Frugal makes Cents. She has started a challenge to herself and anyone else who wanted to join her. Starting today, she is watching every penny like there will never be another one. She has made 7 challenge rules that she is going to be following. I’ve decided to join this challenge. I’ve got quite a stockpile now, and I think I can do this, with a few minor modifications.
1. Use my stockpile……this is easy!
2. Buy things if it is free or under $ .25. I’m thinking maybe $.50 to start and see how I do.
Exceptions are good-milk, eggs, produce, TP, meat, fish, poultry, and juice. I’m adding bread (from day old bread store) and tortillas-with coupons of course.
3. If I’m missing an ingredient for a recipe-substitute with something I do have.
4. Limit sodas and junk food.
5. Trying to make things from scratch will be ultra challenging for me-I work 2 jobs! I will most likely pass on this one-exceptions are pinto beans, low carb sweets!!
6. DO NOT WASTE FOOD!
7.I will update daily on how I’m doing and how I’m trying to save money.

Thanks Precious at Frugal makes Cents!

No comments: