Friday, August 7, 2009

Trip to Target


I made a trip to Target today. I wanted to be able to send in the Kelloggs Fuel for School Rebate. I bought 6 boxes of pop tarts and 4 boxes of Morning Star products for the rebate. I added 1 box of Cinnabons-they were on sale and I had a good Q. I also got 3 apples and paid $ .35 for them after the $1 Q. Then I added 9 cans of Mighty Dog dog food that is a money maker and made this deal sweeter. I paid $7 and change on my Lowe's gift card that I got when we got our new dryer. I will submit the rebate for a $10 check and a $70 Q for a Dell computer-I don't see me using this since we recently purchased new Dell computers! However, this deal is sweet-I paid $7 on a GC I got as a rebate and will receive a $10 check rebate!!
I had contemplated doing the deal at WAGS and using the 5/25 Q they have. I decided I just didn't want to spend $20+ OOP. I couldn't make a deal sound good to myself, so I decided to do the deal at Target where I could use 2 Q's for each box of pop tarts and morning star meat products. I knew at Target, I could use the Mighty Dog food Qs to help with the OOP since it is a money maker.
I have read on various blogs that this rebate can be done up to 4 times with different rebate forms from different sources ( 2 I know of is one on the Kelloggs web site and one from last Sunday's inserts). I will probably do this only once.

No comments: