Friday, January 6, 2012

Crockpot Easy Chicken Posole


I thought I would join this recipe hop! I've been looking it over at Thrifty Texas Penny and have enjoyed looking over the various recipes!

I have a nice crockpot dish that my Darlin Dan loves!

Crockpt Easy Chicken Posole

2 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves-I usually use any chicken I have-we're not picky
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced or use garlic powder if you don't have the fresh garlic
2 1/2 quarts chicken broth
3 cups water
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons chili powder, or to taste
3 cups white hominy, rinsed and drained-I use a big can of Juanita's mexican hominy

Serve with- warmed Corn Tortillas, Tortilla chips, or Tostada shells
Optional garnishes-
chopped onion, chopped cilantro, lemon wedges, avocado slices, radishes sliced thinly, grated cheese
(personal fav-chopped onion and cilantro w/lemon juice squeezed on top)

Directions

Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot. Put remaining ingredients in and stir the top to mix in spices. Cover and cook on low for 5 – 6 hours, or until chicken  is cooked through and tender. Remove chicken from CrockPot and shred or just cut up chicken. Return chicken to the crockpot, stir to combine. Taste to adjust seasonings, adding more salt and chili powder, if desired. Serve in soup bowls desired granishes.
YUM!







7 comments:

Unknown said...

this sounds really good! Thanks for linking up!

Erika @ One Recipe at a Time said...

Sounds delish! I will have to give this a try soon! Thanks for sharing :)

Pary Moppins said...

This looks very hearty. Thanks for linking up with us!

Penny said...

oooo- hominy! We haven't had that in months. No actually over a year- I haven't bought any since we bought this house LOL. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

jeri said...

I made me a pot this weekend and we just ate it up w/buttered corn tortillas and a little chopped onion.
Thanks for the nice remarks gals!

annies home said...

new recipe to me and sounds amazing will be trying it soon come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com/2012/01/find-out-more-here-crock-pot-hamburger.html

Mary K said...

this sounds delicious!!