Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Lookin at 2010

What a day I had yesterday.
I received a very sad e-mail yesterday from an old friend's husband from high school. My friend had passed away from cancer. I'm no spring chicken, but 53 is just too young! She battled her cancer for 4 years. I'm just so saddened by this news.

After grabbing a deal at Walgreens, I witnessed a robbery at a neighborhood gas station yesterday. I saw 2 young men carrying several large boxes of beer and putting them in a car. As they were getting in the car, the cashier was screaming into the speaker near the gas tank, get the license plates, get the license plates. So I started chanting the license plate number and was able to give the number to the cashier so he could call in the report. I can't tell you the color or type of car, but I know the license plate number!

Then, I made a boat load of King Ranch Chicken and pinto beans for kids and grandkids. I witnessed another robbery-Jeri's convenience store has been "robbed" (ha ha- the kids had a shopping spree-leaving with bags and boxes filled) and my step daughter donated a shelf for the convenience store! We had some serious Wii competitions going on-it was really a great night!

2010 is just a couple of days away and it's time reflect.
1. We would really like to do some serious saving this year. Put some money away for taxes etc.
2. We would like to pay off some of our pesky bills.
3. We need to take better care of our health.

No comments: