Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Grinding my own beef

I've been grinding my own beef lately. I really like how this is working out. I still have a stockpile of super cheap stew meat from Target. This meat was practically given to me a few months back when Target had a $2 off Q for beef. Since I really wasn't using this beef for anything besides carne guisada, I decided to try to grind it up in my food processor. I don't need a meat grinder at all. It is so super fast and easy. We are getting quality ground beef for pennies.
Darlin Dan wishes our ground beef had more fat in in now!

I feel super frugal when grinding my own meat that I bought for pennies!!

1 comment:

American Dreamer said...

I am so glad you are doing this. You can save a bundle on ground meat by dong this or having your butcher grind a cheap roast for you.