Monday, February 15, 2010

Slow shopping week............New project for the cruisin couple

Since this is a slow shopping week, I thought I would share our latest project. We are doing a room makeover. We have 1 downstairs bedroom that my oldest daughter had been living in until she moved out a couple of months ago. We decided to make it our guest bedroom since my stockpile/convenience store has taken over our upstairs guestroom! We are making a game plan. Yesterday we took out the carpet. Next weekend we will take out the padding and organize the stuff still in the room better. (We should've done the carpet and padding at the same time. My darlin started the project about a month ago when I was sick. I begged him to stop where he was because I could not help. We moved things around and everything got piled on the exposed padding.) We want to empty the room, put in flooring-not carpet, repair a wall my GRAND DOG decided to eat, and paint it. This is big for me because I am not into this kind of thing. This won't cost very much money. Just time and energy. We are usually super busy during the week, so this will pretty much be a weekend project.
1. take out carpet
2. take off carpet padding
3. organize and move stuff
4. replace flooring
5. repair wall
6. paint
7. move in the furniture (We have the bedroom furniture from upstairs)

No comments: