Monday, June 15, 2009

More great deals at WAGS


I had an unbelievable day at Walgreens. I started out the morning making a pit stop at a WAGS near my part time job so I could roll my $10RR that was expiring today. Well when I was passing the toy aisle, I saw an employee on a ladder putting up 75% off stickers on some games. I asked the lady if she could get me some games since she was there on the ladder and the games were too high to safely get. I ended up getting 8 games for $1.74 each and 2 games at $3.25! These will make great Christmas presents for nieces and nephews.
I did 5 transactions during my morning run.
I bought a money maker St. Ives body wash with a game and paid with RR's. It was great!
I left with 10 games, 5 body washes, 2 boxes of cakesters, and 3 John Frieda Root Awakening products! I spent under $10 cash OOP because of the money maker body wash.
The afternoon shopping spree at WAGS was another story. Amanda and I went to my former favorite WAGS near my neighborhood. It now has a new manager and that manager happens to have transferred from one of my least favorite WAGS.....because of him! Anyway, today when I spotted him in this WAGS, I gasped and knew we were doomed. Well, we weren't really doomed today. We got all the deals we wanted, except he would only let us buy 1 St Ives body wash. We each had 2 bottles in the basket. Oh well. At first, the cashier said we could only buy 1 John Frieda item. I questioned the manager about that one. I said it was advertised 3 for $15. He said we could do only 1- 3/$15 John Frieda purchase per customer. I was fine with that because that's all I was going to do anyway. The thing about this trip was that the clerk in the cosmetic department was verging on stalking us. She kept asking us if we were ready to check out and looking in our basket. As we were approaching the cashier, she called her and reminded her of the limits. This poor cashier commented, well tell him to come up here and show me what is limit of 1. She apologized to us and said the store has a new manager and he put a limit on the sale items and I made the comment that I had some experience with this particular manager. When I saw him I knew we should expect some problems. Once at his old WAGS he inspected each of my coupons as if they were fake or counterfeit. He made me feel like I was committing coupon fraud! I try very hard to use my coupons appropriately.
Afternoon WAGS-I bought 1 St. Ives, 1 soft chew rolaids, 2 oreo cakesters, 1 soft and dry deodorant, 3 John Frieda Root Awakening products, and 2 clearance spiral notebooks. I paid with a $5 RR and an $8 RR and $2 OOP and got back $13 in RRs!($3 for St. Ives, $2 for rolaids, $3 for cakesters, and $5 for John Frieda products). So all in all, this was a great trip.
We plan to attack Target tomorrow. We are needing Pepsi and ice cream!!

1 comment:

American Dreamer said...

Good job on the John Frieda. I have some of that that I got free. It is fantastic stuff.