Sunday, October 18, 2009

CVS, Walgreens and Target, Oh my!


It was wonderful frugal day for the Martinez Family.


It actually started early this morning. Darlin Dan and I were up and out of the house by 7 AM. He needed to gas up his truck and get gas for the lawn mover. I needed to get my newspapers. There are some coupons in todays inserts that are needed for some of the great deals this week.

We also stopped at a neighborhood mexican bakery and picked up a couple of yummy sweet bread to go with our oatmeal and coffee.


After breakfast, it was off to pick up Amanda and get to CVS. We both got our Glade reed diffusers and sense and sprays! We had great coupons and EBs and paid out of our coin purses for our OOP. Thanks to I HEART CVS for the heads up on the best deals. Thanks to CVS, I now have all my items for the Johnson rebates!
I spent pennies today at CVS and rolled my EBs.





Next, we stopped at the nearest Walgreens for the best deals. We both got our Zantac, Theraflu, and Pert Plus. These deals are great this week at WAGS. I even found 3 clearance items for Christmas presents for $2 each. I used these as my fillers this week to even out my coupon and RR count and I still made money in RRs. Again, we paid our OOP out of our coin purse. Thanks to I heart WAGS for the head up on the best deals.


I dropped off Amanda and I was off to Target. I had received a 10% off coupon in the mail that w2as expiring today and I had decided to stock up on a few groceries. I did alot of research and got all my coupons together. I printed out Target coupons and Internet printable coupons. I read Attention Target Shoppers and Hot Coupon World. I was freaked when my total was $80. After 10% off and all coupons, I paid $26 OOP. My receipt said I saved $81- I guess that includes all the sales items I got. After I got home and showed Darlin Dan, we decided I would make another trip since the 10% coupon was good for the whole day. I printed out a couple more Target coupons and spent $7 OOP for over $50 worth of goodies. My receipt said I saved $75.

So, my Targeting for today- I spent $33 for $131 worth of groceries. It is really hard here in San Antonio to do much better..............we don't have any stores that do double coupons.






No comments: