Monday, May 2, 2011

Home Sweet Home

South Padre Island, May 2011
We're home from our weekend get away to South Padre Island. Can you believe that I haven't shopped since Saturday? That it's May 2nd and I haven't stepped inside WAGS, CVS, Super T, or HEB?  However, 100% of my time was spent with my Darlin Dan, totally and completely enjoying our little weekend get away. We walked the beach by day and watched a 10K run on the beach by night. We ate some spectacular seafood and explored a little farmers market. I spent the entire 5 hour car ride reading  "She's Come Undone" out loud. Have you ever read out loud for 5 hours straight? My voice is a little hoarse!
Gotta love watching a sunrise at the beach! Isn't this just beautiful?
When we got back home, we got welcomed with 50 degree weather. Very, very unusual for San Antonio in May.
So tomorrow it's back to work and shopping. It's great to take a mini vacation from life, but there's no place like home.

No comments: