Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Out of Touch

I don't know if I'll have internet tonight, so I thought I would just write a few quick thoughts. We didn't have cable or the internet last night. But, Monday is our Dancing with the Stars night and it is Darlin Dan's wrestling night and the Bachelorette is starting tonight and................we had to go to plan B after Darlin got off the phone with the cable company and they said they were working on the problem.
          First, we had a VERY quiet spaghetti and meatballs dinner. We chit chatted without the background noise of the news or Wheel of Fortune. Then, we decided to put in a DVD. I clipped coupons while we were watching it. After the movie, I washed dishes and cleaned out the fridge. Darlin Dan went upstairs and played some computer games that didn't need the internet. I joined him after I finished with the kitchen. I checked the DVR and suggested watching the last episode of Gray's Anatomy. I didn't even fast forward through the commercials. After this, it was only about 9:00 and so we watched some saved "Big Bang Theory" episodes. We just love this show. We just chuckle and down right belly laugh throughout the whole show.
        The point is, it  occurred to me that we are VERY addicted to evening TV.  It is that time of the day that we unwind with each other and our most favorite shows.  We pay alot of money for our cable/internet/phone service-and I mean alot! The sad part of the cable situation is that just about everything we watch is on the local channels and we don't even know if we can get reception without cable.  What is wrong with this picture-or lack of a picture is more like it!!
       I made another call to the cable company today and they are coming out this afternoon to check out the problem. They did say other people on our street are having the same problem. I told them that I  missed Dancing with the Stars last night and tonight is the finale! I really need my cable!! Oh no, and the Biggest Loser is on tonight too!!

2 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

Too funny!!

Maria said...

I know exactly how you feel. I too am somewhat addicted to evening TV. We have a satellite and it seems like any time we have a problem its always when something really good is coming on.

Hope you got it fixed.