About Me

My photo
I'm so addicted to couponing and chasing a good deal. Thank goodness I have a wonderful husband We've been married 12 years. (He must love me very much because he puts up with my couponing and low carb cooking)!!! We live in San Antonio, home of the NBA champions, San Antonio Spurs!! I am a big Dallas Cowboys fan and have always admired my favorite player, Roger Staubach. We belong to a Texas Hold 'em Poker League and have made some really good friends while playing poker. I am a proud Grandmother and love spending time with my "munchkins".

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Visiting Walmart on Memorial Day

This was not really the highlight of my day-we spent 2 1/2 hours at Walmart waiting for my oil to be changed! The plus side to this was that I went bargain shopping(imagine that!)-I spent $30 on $66 worth of groceries. Not too bad. I was happy to find some wine tags with coupons for $3 off meat wyb a Bolner's seasoning(I think this is a Texas thing). See my nice briskets? On sale for $1.78 a pound and totalling about $16 each. I paid less than the sum of the 2 briskets for everything!!! I actually did 3 transactions to purchase my goodies so I could use up my $1 off Ivory soap coupons expiring 5/31 and to buy 2 briskets with the $3 off coupons (limit 1 per consumer). I bought the cheapest spices I could find- $0.52(mexican oregano-good in posole!) and $0.72(purchased comino-I use this alot). I used my last moneymaker Similac coupon.

No comments: