Friday, April 9, 2010

2010 Blog Party

Ultimate Blog Party 2010

It's time for the 2010 Blog party. I'm new to this and don't know what to expect. From what I've read, it is a super great experience! I'm ready to meet new people and make friends!

My name is Jeri and I've become very addicted to hounding for deals. It all started about 3 years ago when I stumbled upon 4 Hats and Frugal. I have another blog about Low Carb lifestyle called Jeri Kay's World and I would often check out a blog about cooking in a crockpot. I had seen a comment left by 4 Hats and was curious about this nice poster, so I visited her blog. I was so amazed when I read about her "stockpile" and saw the pictures of items she had bought on sale for free. I just had to find out how she did this. I started investigating all of the coupon loving blogs I could find and figured out that I could do the same thing. I'm almost 2 years into heavy couponing and going after the deals. My husband is totally onboard. We've had very successful yard sales, selling nothing but my deals. We've given away tons of my deals and "steals" to family and friends. I give away gift bags and baskets full of items that I get for pennies or free.


Besides being a couponer and low-carber, I am a Speech Therapist in the public schools and rehab setting. My husband and I have 5 grown children between us. Currently there are 6 grandchildren. We love to travel, especially cruising! We have been on 6 cruises.

Enough about me. Let's get this party started! I will be sharing some my Low Carb party foods!!

As far as a prize, I just can't decide!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Couponing and stockpiling are both addictive, I know! I've finally gotten a grip on how much we can reasonably use before it goes bad, but when I first started, I had to toss some things.

My party post is up HERE- I hope you'll stop by and say hello! :)

Sunny Simple Life said...

Jeri when I saw you visited my little blog I almost cried. You are my favorite blogger and I am on your site everyday. You are the coupon deal goddess. Luv ya' I feel like a celebrity came to my house.

Coupon Teacher said...

I work in the school system as well! Thanks for stopping by my party!

Jen said...

Stopping in from UBP '10!! I wanted to thank you for dropping by A Penny Saved earlier today to show the comment luv! Hope you have a terrific weekend!

Jen

http://apennysavedtoday.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I've enjoyed reading yours. Speaking of cruises, we are going on one in May..I can't wait!!
Enjoy the UBP!!
frugalfanatic.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

i was born in dallas also, lived there for 22 years, and now i am in houston :) texas girls need to stick together :)
-cathy
www.couponingshopaholic.com