Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Freezer cooking with some chicken

HEB has had bone-in chicken breast on sale this week for $ .99 a pound. I bought 3 packages and I've been getting my list of recipes together in order to make some make ahead and freeze meals. I have all the necessary ingredients in my cupboard/stockpile. Here are some recipes I have in mind:


1. King Ranch Chicken
2. Crockpot taco chicken (can be used for various quick meals)
3. Chicken noodle casserole
4. Impossibly easy italian chicken pie or quiche in a bag
5. Southest Asian curry

Now I'm hoping for a deal on ground beef so that I can do the same thing with ground beef. I would like to be able to eat from the freezer during the week. Darlin Dan loves sandwiches for dinner, but sometimes lunch is on the go and I'm wanting more than a sandwich for dinner.

No comments: