Sunday, April 18, 2010

EXCUSE ME WALGREENS

I had a small problem at a "foreign" Walgreens today. (We stopped at this store coming home from our son's house.) They would not allow me to use a manu. coupon and an IVC from the little coupon book that comes out every month. My pat answer when I have some issue with an item or the cashier is being a little ignorant, is just take off the item. Darlin Dan was with me today and he is always amazed how I keep my cool and continue on with my purchase. When we got in the car I told my darlin that tomorrow was another day and my FAVORITE Walgreens stores are waiting for me! I have plenty of coupons and I'm not afraid to use them!
This is the first time I've had a problem with using a man. coupon and a Walgreen's coupon for an item. I looked up Walgreens policy that "I HEART WAGS" has posted on her website and sure enough, this is allowed. I will print out this policy for future problems that might arise!
By the way, I was trying to buy the BIC hybrid razor system. I bought one earlier today at one of my regular Sunday Walgreens stops and I used the $3 man. coupon and the $1 IVC from the booklet, making the razor $ .99. It's a nice looking razor with refill blades included.
Okay, my rant is over......

2 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

I tried to use one of the Smart source blinkie coupons at Walmart today and they would not take it telling me it was not a manufacturer coupon. Have you had troubles at Walmart before. They don't seem coupon friendly to me.

jeri said...

One of my least favorite stores to shop at because of this. When I go, I buy just a few items and watch the cashier like a hawk. I ask ahead of time if they take internet printable coupons.
Sorry you experienced that!