Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Shopping



While Darlin Dan was golfin, I was shopping at WAGS.....I bought $130.39 worth for $12.50 cash OOP! I started out with $60 in RRs and now have $65. I used $29.50 in man. coupons and flipped $89 worth of RRs. The personal hair trimmers were the hardest items to find today. I ended up "visiting" 7 Wags today. All of these are located pretty close to home. Not only did I get the deals, freebies, and money makers, I was able to buy 3 Sunday papers, 7 cans of cat food, 4 boxes of my Darlin's favorite Arnold Palmer tea mixes, 3 packs of AA batteries, 2 containers of smart balance butter spread, 1 mazola olive oil, 1 can chicken broth, and 2 rolls of aluminum foil. Just these "extras" add up to over $30 and I spent $12.50 in cash.

By the way, most of the Stayfree pads are being donated to Darlin's work. He works at a non profit organization for challenged adults. The young adult women that attend the "Day Hab" need these items and it is an honor and a privilege to pack them up for Darlin Dan to take with him. I plan to stockpile the trimmers, skintimates, and plackers for gift baskets. Isabel, the cat will eat the cat food ;). We will use the batteries in our Wii remotes. Darlin Dan will drink the tea mix every day! We always need the butter spread, olive oil and chicken broth for the pantry. With summer coming up, you can never have enough aluminum foil for the grill!! We all know what the extra Sunday papers are for-more coupons.

I don't usually get to have marathon shopping trips and this today really tired me out. I'm boiling some chicken breasts I picked up on sale at HEB for $1 a pound. I'm making chicken spaghetti for dinner and I'm planning to freeze a couple of chicken dishes for the future.

3 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

Wow! That was a productive day!! I am jealous. With a toddler I usually only get out on my own to shop like that once a week but never seven stores. You did awesome.

jeri said...

Thanks so much-I could never, ever do it if I had a little one. Boy, how I remember what it was like to try to shop with a munchkin!

Tara said...

Wow! What an awesome Wags day! I have 8 Wags within a fifteen minute drive- it is nice being able to hit all of them and get some good deals!