About Me

My photo
I'm so addicted to couponing and chasing a good deal. Thank goodness I have a wonderful husband We've been married 12 years. (He must love me very much because he puts up with my couponing and low carb cooking)!!! We live in San Antonio, home of the NBA champions, San Antonio Spurs!! I am a big Dallas Cowboys fan and have always admired my favorite player, Roger Staubach. We belong to a Texas Hold 'em Poker League and have made some really good friends while playing poker. I am a proud Grandmother and love spending time with my "munchkins".

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Greal deal at Walgreens

Here's the story of how I bought all of this for $0.23 cash OOP
Here's the deal I did Saturday at Wags. I discovered that I was completely out of Fish Oil pills yesterday. I searched through the "convenience store" and couldn't find any. I asked Darlin Dan and he admitted that he had given away my last bottle. ( By give away, I mean he sold them for $1). Since I take the Fish Oil for my cholesterol issues, I decided I needed to get some more stat.  Well, Walgreens has the Nature's Bounty products BOGO and so this big bottle costs $10.99, so I'm starting out with getting 2 big bottles for $10.99.  Not bad, but I knew that I could figure out a way to pay less OOP. First, I found out that there is a $1/1 man. coupon and I could use 2, even though this item is BOGO this week. So now my total is down to $8.99 for 2 big bottles of fish oil. Well, being the well informed, Blog reader that I am, I read on Wild For Wags, that I could do a $2 money maker deal if I bought 2 of the Reach dental floss w/whitening with the right combo of coupons. I figured I could even do this deal 2 times in the same transaction to make it a $4 moneymaker. (Walgreens paid me $4 to buy 4 packs of $3.99 dental floss.) Now my cash OOP is $4.99.  Well, I could've just stopped here and either paid this amount out of my wallet or with RRs, but I decided to buy another pack of Noxema razors (and get $3RR back)and use the $2 coupon inside of the previous pack I bought, so now cash OOP is $6.98. I wanted to use a $3, $3, and $1.50RR to pay, so I bought 3 pair of the $0.25 knee high panty hose as fillers. OOP=$7.73-$7.50 in RRs= CASH OOP- $0.23 and I got back a $3RR for the razors. Yes, I did burn $4.50 in RRs, but hey my receipt said I saved $40+!

No comments: