Saturday, April 18, 2009

Day 5-Saturday

Total OOP for week #1-$11.31


We've been doing some housework today. 3 loads of laundry, defrosted the big freezer, organized the cupboard.


1. I have made a list of all items in my grocery stockpile.





2. We had a nice breakfast of breakfast sausage patties, eggs, and toast. Everything from our stash. Darlin Dan and I used to go out for breakfast every Saturday and/or Sunday. But since we started low carbing, we have found it easier to eat at home. Darlin Dan has lost 20 lbs!





3. I made a pitcher of tea sweetened with my splenda stockpile. I have a huge splenda quick pack stockpile from last summer. This was before I started stockpiling seriously. I read on a low carb forum that they were discontinuing splenda quick packs and that you could buy the boxes at Big Lots for $1. I bought over 50! I use these for everything!


We have a serious addiction to Bill Miller iced tea. Biller Miller is a BBQ fast food restaurant here in So. Texas. It originated in San Antonio. Anyway, we used to think nothing of picking up a large unsweet iced tea to go for $1.29! We don't do that anymore. I don't even pick up fast food for lunch anymore!





4. Our entertainment for tonight will be the Saturday night poker game with family. We could possibly be out $10 tonight! Or, we could come home winners! I usually take a big bag of freebies
and give it away to the winner of a special poker hand. That is always a hit. Although we might lose some money, this activity is priceless. We have sooo much fun and we enjoy visiting with Darlin Dan's sisters, brothers in law, nieces and nephews.



Total OOP today.....$3.00 loss from poker game
wags..........3.06
Total $6.06

1 comment:

American Dreamer said...

Great job! I hope you win that poker money!