Saturday, May 23, 2009

SATURDAY-EMERGENCY SPENDING!I

Oh no! Our hot water heater sprung a big leak!! $214 later, it is no longer leaking. I was totally and completely freaking out. I REALLY didn't want to have to buy a new hot water heater today! I'm glad it could be repaired. We will be shopping around and keeping our eyes open for a great hot water heater deal..

I also needed an oil change for my car .........with oil and air filter! Another $50!

The moral of this story is, because I have been counting just about every penny spent, today's spending didn't hurt so much. Wish we didn't have to, but when ya gotta, ya gotta.

I spent some change at Wags today. I wanted to get a couple more of those sweet lighter deals. So I did my best, with very little OOP.

I stopped at CVS and got the Dial soap deal. This is Darlin Dan's fav soap and I think this is the first time that it has been on sale since I started couponing in October! While I was there, I picked up a BOGO deal for Lay's potato chips and paid for everything with EBs and $0.21.

I stopped at HEB for $7 worth of items needed for tonights poker game. I'm making chicken posole-I have everything for the posole in my stockpile and freezer. I needed some corn tortillas and some produce (onions, celantro,tomatoes, cantalope and a jar of salsa).
I used my HEB GC Darlin Dan won last month. No cash OOP.

Before I started couponing and stockpiling, it wouldn't be unusual for me to go to HEB and spend $100 for poker night.(That includes the paper plates, cups, plastic ware, sodas, chips, etc...) Now, I have everything I need on hand, or I can easily get what I need with coupons, EBs, RRs, GCs.

1 comment:

American Dreamer said...

I am glad they could repair your tank. Mine is getting old and I expect it to go anyday considering most of the neighbors have been.