About Me

My photo
I'm so addicted to couponing and chasing a good deal. Thank goodness I have a wonderful husband We've been married 12 years. (He must love me very much because he puts up with my couponing and low carb cooking)!!! We live in San Antonio, home of the NBA champions, San Antonio Spurs!! I am a big Dallas Cowboys fan and have always admired my favorite player, Roger Staubach. We belong to a Texas Hold 'em Poker League and have made some really good friends while playing poker. I am a proud Grandmother and love spending time with my "munchkins".

Friday, July 9, 2010

How to get a "new" wardrobe for $0 cash OOP

Okay, so it's new to me.
Today my sister-in-law hosted a yard sale at her house. She invited us to bring over whatever we wanted to sell. We brought over some stockpile items that sell like hotcakes. Anyway, she was selling a boat load of clothing, shoes, and purses. Everything was in excellent condition to new.  She likes to buy our stockpile items, so we bartered (or traded). I got 14 shirts/tops/blouses (some with the tags still on them), 1 pair of pajamas, 2 pair of capris, 1 pair of shorts, an adorable purse/bag, and a pampered chef saute/wok pan!! In return, she got shampoos, razors, sunglasses, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc. Isn't this bag adorable? My mini Dell computer fits perfectly in it!! It is a 9 West bag. I heart it. It has shoulder straps (which I love). It looks literally brand new.  I bet she paid a pretty penny for it. She wanted $2 for it..............I paid with 2 shampoos!

This is a Pampered Chef saute/wok pan!! I know this stuff is expensive. I've never been to a party, but I looked it up on line and even though this is an old pan, the quoted price is about $50. She wanted $1 for it! How about I paid with 1 toothbrush?

I feel like I went hog wild! It's been a very long time since I have purchased any clothes. Now I have a lot of new things for the new school year!!

Darlin Dan was sooooo glad that my foot is bigger than hers. She was selling beautiful, I mean beautiful shoes for $1-$2!! I would've come home with a box full.  I know a good deal when I see it. The shoes were brand names and almost like new. Some look like they had never been worn.

I think this my favorite. It is an Alfred Dunner 2 piece shirt set-still with the tags from Macy's. It is called Palm Beach Garden. I just love Alfred Dunner. (I only buy when it is at least 75% off. This was even better!)

Here's another brand new shirt that I know I will wear alot. It's really cute. I like the length.

This sweater is soooo cute. I can't wait to wear it.....probably not 'til November or December!

As far as our profits, we are happy with what we made. We sell everything for $1- except razors and some makeup. (We are saving this money for our free trip to Wendover, Nevada in September.) I am much happier with my "new" wardrobe for $0 cash OOP!

Thank you Rachel and Raymond. You made me very happy today.

No comments: