Sunday, May 30, 2010

Such a busy day

My day started a little before 5 AM this morning. I couldn't sleep so I got up and did some paperwork for my part time job until about 8. Then I made sure I had all my coupons ready for shopping. We dunked some cookies in our coffee for breakfast and then we got dressed and went to Home Depot to rent a sub pump so we could empty our pool. This is really a disgustingly dirty job! We had to go to 2 stores before we found a pump. Anyway, we put the pump in the pool around 12 and then I left for my Sunday Shopping. I got home around 3 and made us some tuna salad sandwiches. After we ate, we started working on the pool. We had asked a favor of our son and daughter's BF to please come and help because I was very afraid my back would go out if I tried to do this job. I've always done my fair share-even done the job myself before, but I need to be 100% the last week of school and we wanted to take advantage of the 3 day weekend and the weather to do this job. I'm happy to say it is completed and the pool is being re-filled as I type this. We were given an estimate of $6oo for somebody to come do this- we paid $40 to rent the pump! It took about 1.5 hours for the 3 men to do this job. Now our water bill will be double next month-from $35 to $70 to refill it-not too bad-and we emptied all the water on our lawn! The water had not been treated with chemicals for months and we did the same thing last year with no problems.
My Darlin Dan is all tuckered out-already called it a day! I've washed our stinky clothes that we wore to do this job and I'm waiting for them to dry before turning in myself.
Can't wait to take a dip in my nice clean pool!

No comments: